May 26, 2009

Thumbs down for Copernic Desktop Search.

I have been a fan of Copernic Desktop Search over MS, Google for a long time, but the glitches that seemed to be bugs never get fixed. To give an example, I searched for email from one of my colleagues and CDS only lists 6 of them. In fact I have 50+ of them in my Outlook. Somehow CDS ignores them.Maybe I haveto buy the CDS pro version to get my emails indexed properly :).

I had to switch to MS Desktop search, unfortunately. For the emails it seems more robust.

What I liked in CDS was ease of use, ability to show the searched keywords highlighed in its built-in editor, which I can push aside for a reliable functioning.

1 comment:

  1. There could be multiple reasons for this problem to happen. Some users have written to us about email issues with CDS and we were able to provide solutions for them. Therefore, even though I cannot give you a solution right away, I suggest going to our web site and contacting our support team.

    We value our users and try to provide the best support we can for our products, so please do not hesitate to contact us when needed.

    ReplyDelete